Joseph Welch, BCSI, LMT
I am a Board Certified Structural Integrator having graduated from the Kinesis Intitute’s 500 hour KMI Training Program in June 2013. I am also a licensed massage therapist and have been practicing massage and body work for over seven years.
I take an integrated mind-body approach to my work with a focus on working with postural patterns that are creating strain and pain in my clients. As a dedicated practitioner, I draw from the many modalities I have been trained in to assist my clients to find balance and ease in their bodies. What constantly amazes me about this work is how much the body can change. As someone who grew up with back pain from early childhood, I have a special dedication to helping clients find a new home in their bodies, and freedom from chronic pain.
I graduated from the 900 hour intensive Muscular Therapy Program from MTI in 2006. I am certified in Thai Yoga Massage through Lotus Palm of Montreal, Advanced Myoskeletal Alignment Therapy, and a certified Reiki Master Healer. Trainings in Aston Patterning, Clinical Orthopedic Manual Therapy workshops with Dr. Joe Muscolino, Visceral Manipulation and CranioSacral Therapy guide my assessment and understanding of what is happening in my clients’ bodies. After receiving my certification in KMI, I went on to complete workshops in Scar Tissue Release, Cranial Rolfing, Fascial Fitness Advanced Training, and Walking the Lines Gait Analysis Training through the Kinesis Institute.
Joanna Keseberg, BCSI, RYT
My dedication to healing the body comes from my personal journey for somatic health. After many years as a performing circus artist, I sustained an injury. As my recovery progressed, I learned that I needed to recover not only from the injury itself, but also from years of previous imbalance that had predisposed me to that weakness.
I found KMI Structural Integration, which helped me to finally get out of the cycle of treating the symptoms, and instead get to the roots of the problem. I immediately knew this was something I wanted to understand, pursue, and bring to others.
From my basis in Structural Integration, I’ve branched out, studying extensively with master teachers in order to provide the best and most complete results. My goal is to treat the body’s restrictions on all levels: superficial tissues, muscular elements, fascial and myofascial, ligamentous, bone, nerve, artery, organ, as well as working with local and global movement patterns.
I am a lifelong learner, and a continual student of the human body. One of the most enjoyable and important aspects of my work is to bring together evidence-based scientific findings with simply “what works” in the clinical setting.
I understand and work with both the needs of athletes to perform at their peak, as well as the needs of all humans to maintain basic functionality and thrive in our bodies so we can walk, move, and live pain free.
– BCSI (Board Certified Structural Integrator)
– KMI Structural Integration (Kinesis Myofascial Integration)
– Certified Teacher for Kinesis/Anatomy Trains
– Anatomy Trains Posture and Movement Analyst
– The Benjamin Method of Orthopedic Massage for Soft Tissue Assessment and Treatment
– E-RYT 200 (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher)
– 500-hour Yoga Teacher Certification
– Essential Certification in Thai Yoga Massage through Lotus Palm
– Fascial Fitness Master Trainer
– FMS (Functional Movement Screen) Certification
– Myoskeletal Alignment Therapy
Additional Education and Training:
– KMI Advanced Structural Integration Training
– Barral Institute Visceral Manipulation, levels 1-5
– Neurovascular Release for Structural Integrators
– Human anatomy studies with Gil Hedley and Todd Garcia
– Bone Release, Scar Tissue Release, and Cranial Release with Sharon Wheeler
– Aston Techniques
– Joe Muscolino COMT workshops
– Craniosacral Therapy with Upledger Institute
– TRX Training
– BA from Brandeis University and Certificate in Education
Teaching and Appointments:
– Anatomy Trains Teacher
– TA for the Barral Institute
– TA for Neurovascular Release with Agile Body Portland
– Integrative Aerial Yoga classes and Teacher Training workshops
– Circus instructor
– Workshops for circus instructors in posture and human movement
– Chair, Exam Construction Committee for the Certification Board for Structural Integrators